ideal time for moose hunting in Quebec is the last week of September (around
September 26th or so) up to first 2 weeks of October (around October 16th),
for a total of about three weeks. A five-day stay with us is plenty of
time to get that giant moose!
Don't forget! Quebec moose hunting law allows for the
capture/killing of one moose per group of two people.
A Typical Moose Hunting Day
- Start with a 5am wake-up call (the electricity generator will wake
everyone up! That's how remote we are... no outside car honking, phones,
or radio announcers!)
- Breakfast is served until 6am
- Lunch is made for you to stay in the bush all day (you do not come
back from lunch)
- You return for dinner after a long day of hunting (expect to eat around
7:30-8pm). Your dinner will consist of roast beef, a t-bone steak, a
glass of wine, dessert (more
info on meals).
- A guide will be with you all day, calling the moose for you. He works
hard to get you that prized moose!
- When you kill the moose, you quarter the meat only, we do not do meat
processing. Packaging for the taxidermist is available (we can refer
you to a good taxidermy specialist).
What to Bring
Aside from a good quality rifle, a thermos for hot tea or hot cofee in
the bush, snacks and goodies to eat while you wait, please
read this list carefully. Remember that if you're dying for a chocolate
bar, they'll be far away so pack accordingly!
We encourage you to contact
us to book your hunting trip today! Reserve early to avoid disappointment.